Message of The Month

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Eviction Moratorium Order

The guidance in this section supplements the HHS/CDC TEMPORARY HALT IN RESIDENTIAL EVICTIONS TO PREVENT THE FURTHER SPREAD OF COVID-19 guidance (updated December 31, 2020). Please see this document for further information.

Applicability Q1: Does the CDC eviction moratorium automatically apply to, and protect, all HUD-assisted residents?
A: The CDC’s Temporary Halt in Residential Evictions to Prevent the Further Spread of COVID-19 Notice and Order (the Order) imposed a temporary halt in residential evictions to prevent the further spread of COVID-19 between September 4, 2020 through December 31, 2020. On December 27, 2020, this moratorium was extended until January 31, 2021 through the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021. The Order applies to all tenants, lessees, or residents of residential property in the country who are subject to eviction for nonpayment of rent and who sign and submit a declaration, as described in the Order, under penalty of perjury.

This Order is separate from the now expired eviction moratorium in Section 4024 of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), the active eviction moratorium related to forbearance required under Section 4023 of the Act, and any other eviction moratoriums afforded to federally insured or guaranteed loans. Please review the new order.

RHIIP Listserv Posting #454
December 23, 2020

Enterprise Income Verification (EIV) System – Old or Missing Data Issue Corrected

This message is to provide notice that the EIV system’s complications identified in RHIIP Listserv #450, posted November 20, 2020, are corrected. As of December 21, 2020, EIV’s data has been restored and is ready for use in accordance with Chapter 9 of HUD Handbook 4350.3. Users that were affected by this problem should retain a copy of RHIIP Listserv #450 message along with this message (RHIIP Listserv #454) for explanatory purposes and file them appropriately.

The Multifamily Help Desk is available for assistance by email at or by phone at 800-767-7588 or 888-297-8689 option five.


TRACS Updates under What’s New: